No products in the cart.
Beelee is one of Thermomix’s Cooking Expert who helms many cooking classes in Thermomix Penang. This is her recipe for authentic Penang Laksa.
Recipe and photo credits : Beelee Lau
- 8-10 kembong fish (cleaned)
- 6 pc tamarind peels (asam keping)
- 1000g water
- 15-20 dried chili (soaked)
- 150g shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 10g shrimp paste (belacan)
- 200g water
- 2 ginger torch flowers (halved)
- 5-6 stalks daun kesom
- 5 slices galangal
- 6-8 pc tamarind peels (asam keping)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
Thermomix Cooking Directions
- Place all of Ingredients (A) into the mixing bowl to cook 12 min/100°C /reverse /Spoon speed.
- Strain the fish stock into a pot and put aside the cooked fish to rest until it reaches room temperature to remove the fish bones
- Place the fish bones and some fish stock into mixing bowl to blend 2 min / Sp 6-10.
- Next, strain the thick mixture into the fish stock.
- Put all Ingredients (B) into the mixing bowl to blend until fine for 1min / Sp 6-10.
- Then add in (C), fish stock and fish flesh to cook 30 min /100°C /reverse /Spoon speed.
Now, the Laksa soup is done!
To serve, place Laksa noodle into a serving plate, top with strips of lettuce, cucumber, pineapple, onion, red chili and chili padi.