No products in the cart.
Blueberries are youth berries. Even frozen blueberries are so packed with antioxidants that just 1/2 cup can double the antioxidant power of most people’s diets–something that experts suspect will slow down your aging clock. Blueberries actually reversed memory loss in one animal study!
According to Dr Axe, besides combating aging and boosting memory, blueberries also have health benefits such as fighting cancel, supporting digestion, promoting heart health, improving the skin and aiding weight loss ! So, start including blueberries (we recommend organic ones) in your diet!
Here is an easy blueberry mint smoothie, developed by Sharon Galistan, our resident Raw Guru. This smoothie is made more potent with the addition of power herb, mint, which also amplifies the overall goodness with a refreshing burst of flavour, and is a great way to get your daily dose of fruits and vegetables. Start your day with this smoothie or drink it as a mid-day perk-me-up.
- 1 TBSP flax seeds
- 2 Bananas
- 200g organic blueberries (freeze them or buy frozen ones)
- Small handful of mints
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 400g chilled water
- 50g baby spinach (optional for health benefits)
- Place flax seed into the mixing bowl, mill <30 sec / speed 9> *
- Add bananas, blueberries, mint, vanilla extract and 50g of water, pulverise for <20sec / speed 9>
- Set timer for 1 minute, continue on speed 9, slowly adding the remaining water over the measuring cup on the lid **
Tip 1* : Ensure the mixing bowl is dry
Tip 2** : Slowly drizzle the water by pouring onto the lid with measuring cup on to ensure a smoother blend