No products in the cart.
Don’t we all love soft and buttery Mexican coffee buns, especially when they’re topped with aromatic and crispy coffee-flavoured crust? Recreate your own at home with Thermomix®! Even non-coffee lovers will find it tough to resist once the coffee aroma fills your entire kitchen.
The Thermomix® Cookidoo® recipe is available from this link (note: it’s in Chinese)
Mexican Coffee Buns Recipe
Ingredients for dough bread
200g full cream milk
40g caster sugar
1 ½ tsp dried yeast powder
300g bread flour, sieved
10g milk powder
¼ tsp salt
30g salted butter, soften at room
40g salted butter, cut in cubes (2 cm x
2 cm), cold temperature
Ingredients for coffee topping
80g salted butter, soften at room
80g brown sugar
1 tbsp instant coffee granules
2 tsp water
1 egg, room temperature
80g cake flour
1. Place milk, sugar, and yeast in mixing bowl, mix 3 min/37°C / speed 2.
2. Add bread flour, milk powder and salt, Knead Dough mode / 1 min.
3. Add 30g soften butter, Knead Dough mode / 3 min. Prepare pastry mat, shape the dough into a ball. Cover loosely with cling film and let dough rise for 60 min. Divide dough into 8 equal portions (approx. 70 g each) and roll into ball. Gently flatten a dough with rolling pin, put a cube of butter in the center of the dough. Wrap the dough, roll into ball and arrange doughs at least 5 cm apart from each other. Repeat this step until finished. Cover loosely with cling film and let dough rise for 60 min.
1. Insert butterfly whisk. Place butter and sugar in mixing bowl, mix 2
min / speed 3. Meanwhile, mix instant coffee granules with water.
2. Add egg and instant coffee mixture, mix 10 sec / speed 3.
3. Add flour, mix 20 sec / speed 3. Transfer mixture into piping bag and
refrigerate until ready to use. Remove butterfly whisk.
4. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a parchment paper on baking tray and
transfer doughs on a baking tray. Pipe out the coffee topping in circular
motion on the buns. Bake for 15 – 20 min (180°C) until golden brown. Serve warm.
💡 To wrap the butter filling into the dough, freeze the butter filling after cutting them into cubes.
💡 Mexican coffee bun is best eaten freshly baked while still warm. You may re-bake the buns for 5 min (180°C) to get the crispy crust texture again.
#baking #thermomixTM6 #ThermomixRecipes #thermomixcoffeebun #Coffeebun #howtomake