No products in the cart.
Ingredients (Portion for 4)
- 750g Parmesan Cheese or Pecorino Cheese
- 30g Onions
- 1 Red Chilli Pepper
- 30g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 140g Bacon, chopped
- 50g Dry White Wine
- 425g Canned Tomato Sauce (Diced/ Crushed)
- 1 teaspoon of Salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, to taste
- 1200g water
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 320g Bucatini or Spaghetti
- Put Ingredient A into TM Bowl, 10s/ speed 9, set the cheese aside in a separate bowl
- Put Onions and Chilli Pepper into TM Bowl to blend, 5s/ speed 7.
- Add Bacon and Extra Virgin Olive Oil in to saute, 4 mins/ 120oC/ /Speed 1
- Pour the Dry White Wine in to cook, 1 min/ Varoma/ / Speed 1. (You do not have to cover the lid with measuring cup)
- Next, add in the canned tomato, salt and pepper to cook, 10 mins/ 100oC/ / Speed 1
- To thickened the sauce, adjust to, 3 mins/ Varoma/ / Speed 1
- Once the sauce is done, empty it out from the TM bowl and pour it to into Thermo Server/ any thermal containers to keep warm.
- Pour the water in a clean TM Bowl, bring to boil, 12 mins/ 100oC/ speed 1
- Add in Spaghetti and salt to cook (time according to what the Spaghetti packaging suggest), 100oC/ / speed
- Drain the spaghetti with TM basket and toss it into the sauce prepared earlier to mix.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and serve.
Tips: The classic Amatriciana sauce is best cooked with tubular pasta such as Bucatini.
Recipe adapted from Thermomix Pasta Cook Book.