No products in the cart.
With Thermomix, everyday is Dim Sum day! These good old hong kong style egg tarts will leave you wanting for more. Wooooo, it’s making me ‘egg-cited’.
Ingredients (For 9 portions)
- 10g sugar
- 95g salted butter, room temperature
- 180g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 75 g Castor Sugar
- 75 g Water
- 2 pieces Eggs
- 125 g Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Pour sugar into thermo bowl to mill, 1 sec/ turbo (For 2 times, or until fine)
- Add pastry ingredients to blend, 10 sec/ speed 6
- Using spatula to transfer dough into a ready cling wrap. Wrap dough in cling wrap, keep in fridge for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, weigh pastries into 40g. Makes 9 equal portions.
- Roll individual dough into a ball, using both palm, press the pastry ball into a flat disc.
- Fit into tart cases. lightly press the base, make a little thin base.
- Prick holes with a fork. Refrigerate the tart cases.
- For Filling: Preheat oven at 180ºC now. Add castor sugar and water to cook, 4 min/ 37 ºC/ speed 1
- Add in all filling ingredients to mix, 20 sec/ speed 3
- Sift egg mixture twice to achieve smoothest texture.
- Carefully pour egg mixture into each tart shells.
- Bake tarts for 25 mins at 180ºC. (Do check the tarts at 20 min. Insert of piece of aluminium foil over tarts to prevent burning surface.)
Recipe adapted from Jane Lee.