No products in the cart.
- 1kg Pork Belly
- 1 tbsp Himalayan Salt Flakes
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1L of Water
- White Wine
1. Place 1kg Pork Belly into Varoma tray and place into a large sink.
2. Pour a kettle of boiling water over the pork allowing it to drain away. Pat pork skin dry with kitchen paper towel.
3. Rub skin with 1tbsp pink salt flakes, followed by 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil then 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar. Repeat until all the scored skin has been well coated in flavor.
4. Place 1 litre water to mixing bowl to boil at 8min/Varoma/Speed 1.
5. Place marinated pork belly to a metal plate and place into Varoma tray and put on top of TM to steam for 15min/Varoma/Speed 3.
6. Meanwhile, preheat oven with grill function to 160°C for about 10min.
7. When pork has finished steaming, pat pork skin dry with kitchen paper towel and slightly slice the skin in diamond shape. Reapply salt, extra virgin olive oil, and rice wine vinegar. Pour white wine until it reaches the fat layer of pork belly.
8. Place the pork belly into oven to bake for 35 to 40min at 220°C until the skin is crispy.
9. Pour away the balance soak wine on the tray, cut the pork belly and served hot.
#1. Make sure the pork skin is dry prior to re-seasoning and oven baking
#2. Air fry may be faster and result in dryer and crispier skin compared to oven
Recipe adapted from Ricky Teh