No products in the cart.
Here’s an easy recipe to make some non-toxic play-dough for your little ones. Do not omit the salt and cream of tartar as they help to preserve the dough. While the recipe is organic, homemade and cooked food technically, we still want to make sure that our little ones and pets will not eat these overly salty dough.
- 110 g salt
- 250 g water
- 1 tbsp cream of tartar
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 tbs cooking oil
- food colouring in various colours
- Place the salt into the mixing bowl and grind to fine powder <5sec, speed 10>
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add water and cream of tartar and cook <5 minutes, 60 degrees, Speed 3>
- Add the flour and oil and mix < 50 seconds, Speed 4>
- Knead for 1 minute
- Check the texture and if it’s still sticky (dough does not come off blade easily), add some more flour and knead for a further 30 seconds.
- Separate the dough into several bowls and add a drop of food colouring into each bowl and mix until the dough gets its colour evenly
- Wrap the play dough in cling wrap and store in an airtight container or re-sealable bag in the fridge (this can keep for months)
- Let the kids shape the dough. Cookie cutters will also be fun!
Tip 1 : Wear plastic gloves during colour mixing to avoid staining your hands
Tip 2: You may add some glitters (kids love glitters!)
Tip 3 : This dough can keep for couple of months