As Thermomix® is becoming popular to end users due to the convenience and ease of use to get meals done easier and healthier, there are many reported cases of scams where units purchased are not those offered by Thermomix® Singapore and are not eligible for warranty and/or local support. All Thermomix® sold in Singapore via our official channels are produced, imported from Europe and tested by regulatory authorities and issued with Safety Mark label certifying Thermomix® to be safe for use in Singapore. Thermomix® sold via official channels are provided with a 2-year warranty for local domestic use and issued to the name of the purchaser. Units purchased from non-official channels such as second-hand platform, e-commerce sites may contain fake parts that compromise cooking and electrical safety. For your safety, we urge everyone to purchase your Thermomix® via authorised Thermomix® Advisors who will provide pre-purchase cooking experience (aka demo) and after-sales service such as unboxing and cooking lesson. Products with counterfeit parts or used with counterfeit/non authorised parts and accessories void their warranty. Thermomix® is not liable to injuries and damages resulted from unauthorised repairs and the use of counterfeit products. Here are some tell tale signs of fraudulent selling.
- Selling of Thermomix® TM6 by non-Certified Thermomix® Advisor
- Thermomix® TM6 is offered at a price lower than the prevailing published price by Thermomix® Singapore
- Thermomix® TM6 is offered with gifts that are different from those offered by Thermomix® Singapore
- Thermomix® TM6 product information and/or in-box content provided is different from those offered by Thermomix® Singapore
- Seller request customer to pay to a private bank account
Thermomix® listed on the Internet
You may find various independent offers in online shops to purchase a new Thermomix® . These offers have no connection to Thermomix® in Singapore. Thermomix® Singapore markets Thermomix® through its brand and partner brand channels. A complete Thermomix® Cooking Experience conducted by a trained Thermomix® Advisor is always recommended – starting from an in-depth cooking demonstration to an unboxing delivery cooking session once the customer decides to purchase a Thermomix®. This ensures our customers benefit from personal 1-to-1 customer service supported by an authorised Thermomix® Advisor throughout their Thermomix® user journey. Some online Thermomix® offers may look very professional, however, Thermomix® does not issue licenses to third parties to use our logos and photos. These are illegally used. Please research any seller who approaches you on the internet before making your purchase. Caution must be taken with online Thermomix® offers, particularly in regard to warranty and personal 1-to-1 Advisor support in Singapore.
Beware of copy cats
You may have come across products/brands that tout themselves as being “as good as Thermomix®“. Be aware that any brand other than Thermomix® is not offered by us. Thermomix® is the first original creator of this category with over 60 years of innovation since its first introduction in 1961. Thermomix® is wholly developed and made in Europe, holding over 151 inventor patents and has built over 12mil users and offers the largest recipe library globally. Being present worldwide offices in over 80 countries and a long history means you can always get technical support for Thermomix® no matter where you are. Ask these questions if you are offered a “copycat” product :-
- How long has the brand been around?
- Are they the original inventor?
- How many users do they have?
- Where is the product made?
- How many years have they been making the product?
- What is their R&D expertise?
- How many invention patents do they own?
- What safety certifications do they have?
- Do you get personal 1-to-1 support ?
- Are renowned Michelin and World Best chefs and restaurants using the product?
There is only one Thermomix® but many “copycats”.
Do not take any risks!
Book your own Cooking Experience with a Thermomix® Advisor or by contacting us. There is no obligation to purchase and you’ll be able to see the various functions of the Thermomix ® TM6 as well as trying to cook and tasting dishes cooked by Thermomix®. Customers also enjoy other unique benefits such as cooking classes, host rewards and free recipes, through their Thermomix® Advisors and via our online Recipe Community, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Telegram and YouTube pages. Purchasing from an authorised Thermomix® Advisor registered with Thermomix® Singapore also guarantees the validity of your warranty. Cook with a peace of mind knowing that your Thermomix® purchased for home use will enjoy 2 years warranty from us.
Third Party & Counterfeit Products
Some internet offers swop out original parts with counterfeit parts that are produced with non food safe materials that may compromise your health. Some third-party suppliers produce items meant to replace or complement original parts and accessories, such as lids, sealing rings, knives, mixing bowls and bases, measuring cups, Varoma® attachments, simmering baskets, butterfly whisks and splash guards.
Using original Vorwerk Thermomix® parts and accessories in conjunction with your Thermomix® ensures that you meet all safety precautions specified by the manufacturer and that your Thermomix® device will function correctly. All of our accessories have been tested thoroughly to ensure you can cook safely and without risk of injury, and to safeguard your Thermomix® device from damage. Despite our efforts to monitor the market, we are not able to assess – and therefore cannot guarantee – the reliability, safety or suitability of accessories for your Thermomix® device that are not manufactured or approved by Vorwerk. In particular, this means we cannot accept any liability for injuries caused as a result of using these accessories, for food becoming contaminated by untested plastics, or for damage caused to your Thermomix® device. Before using third-party accessories, please therefore be aware that you could invalidate your warranty claims and any product liability claims if damage is caused by accessories not produced for Thermomix® by Vorwerk. Improper repairs to your appliance may result in fire, electric shock or burns.
Before using third-party accessories, please therefore be aware that you could invalidate your warranty claims and any product liability claims if damage is caused by accessories not produced by Vorwerk.
Thermomix® Discounts and Group Buy Scams
Thermomix® is never discounted. It retails at a fixed price of $2,550 with a 2 years local warranty in Singapore. If you have been quoted any price lower than $2,550, it is definitely a scam where the seller is attempting to sell a used, refurbished or stolen unit.
All consumers should watch for these signs of possible scam :-
- The price is lower than $2,550
- An official invoice from Thermomix® Singapore | The Future of Cooking Pte Ltd is not provided
- The seller insists on cash payment or direct bank transfer into his/her personal bank account
- The product is not shipped from Thermomix® Singapore | The Future of Cooking Pte Ltd
- You are made “personal promises” of extra gifts and cash rebates
In order not to fall victim to one of these scams, we recommend you to contact Thermomix Singapore should you require further support.
Purchase from Thermomix® Official Online Store
You need to be aware of the following when purchasing Thermomix® online.
- Thermomix® Singapore is not responsible for any Thermomix® available for purchase on non-brand managed online selling sites – if unclear, please contact Thermomix®
- In the event of machines purchased from unauthorized sources arriving damaged or broken, Thermomix® Singapore is not responsible for any machines purchased from unauthorized sources.
- Thermomix® Singapore is unable to regulate all prices of Thermomix® sold on unauthorized sites, particularly on auction sites or peer-to-peer shopping sites.
- Customers who purchased their Thermomix® from unauthorized channels will not be entitled to receive any cooking and delivery unboxing experiences nor benefits and promotional rewards offered by Thermomix® Singapore.
- Any Thermomix® purchased from unauthorized sources will not be entitled to the full set of premiums offered by Thermomix® Singapore
- Descriptions of items may be unintentionally or deliberately misleading. Buyers need to be aware that some products may use Thermomix® brand mark in its listing descriptions but may not be a genuine Thermomix® and is not endorsed or affiliated with Thermomix® Singapore.
Buy Locally for 2 years warranty
Points to be aware of when considering purchasing Thermomix® sourced from overseas and/or non official channels
- You will be subjected to importation GST
- Thermomix® purchased overseas are not approved by local regulatory authorities for safe use. All consumer electronic products sold in Singapore are “Safety Mark” labelled with electrical plug that provides approved voltage for use in Singapore.
- Non Thermomix® Singapore machines owners will not be entitled to receive a delivery unboxing cooking experience from a Thermomix® Singapore Advisor. You may not receive assistance and advice when needed.
- Non Thermomix® Singapore customers will not receive a complimentary Singapore edition Basic Cook Book and 7-Days Perfection Recipe booklet/eBook, Cookidoo® trial subscription and pre-embedded “Our Favourites” local recipe collection in Thermomix® TM6.
- Non Thermomix® Singapore customers are not eligible to local host reward gifts or special buy Purchase with Purchase offers such as the Extra Bowl Offer
- Non Thermomix® Singapore customers do not enjoy FREE 2-year local warranty support
- Non Thermomix® Singapore customers may not receive an instruction manual in their native language
- When purchasing overseas, customers should be aware they are responsible for the freight and insurance costs. Shipping individually may result in damage. The total responsibility and cost for repairs is on the purchaser if they buy from overseas
Local Service & Repair Centre in Singapore
Thermomix® Singapore repair machines in Singapore based on the following :-
- Thermomix® Singapore reserves the right not to carry out repairs on machines that have been purchased directly from overseas or on any selling sites.
- Owners may need to send their machine back to its original point of purchase for repair
- Priority for repairs will be always provided to customers who have purchased their Thermomix® from Thermomix® Singapore
- Additional fees that may be needed to support Thermomix® that is not purchased from Thermomix® Singapore
- Technical service charge of $150 for authenticity check
- Admin charge of $100 for warranty name transfer
- Technical labour charge of $300 for technical evaluation should repair or part replacement be required
- The above excludes all parts and labour required for repair and replacement
- Repair work will not be made on Thermomix® that has undergone unauthorised repair work
For your safety, we urge everyone to purchase your Thermomix® via authorised Thermomix® Advisors who will provide demo and aftersales service such as unboxing and cooking lesson. Thermomix® is not liable to injuries and damages incurred from unauthorised repairs and the use of counterfeit products.
For further clarification, please contact us at email@example.com