No products in the cart.
Do you know that there are three ways to cook rice with Thermomix®? The first method to cook rice is by using the simmering basket. It’s healthier when you cook rice with the simmering basket as the carbs will be separated from the rice while cooking
Here are some tips!
Rinse the rice thoroughly to reduce the starch content.
Select Varoma temperature to cook the rice and steam food at the same time
Cook as little as 20g up to 350g of rice of any type.
Add a few drops of cooking oil into mixing bowl before cooking when Varoma is in use to steam food at the same time.
Here’s a ginger fried rice recipe that you should absolutely try!
𝐀. 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐞
250g basmathi rice, rinsed
2 drops sesame oil (optional)
𝐁. “𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐑𝐢𝐜𝐞”
4 garlic cloves
60g sesame oil
Cooked rice (from A)
150g boneless chicken thigh fillet, cut in 2cm cubes (optional) (marinade with 1tbsp sesame oil, pinch of white pepper powder and 5g soy sauce)
20g soy sauce
10g chicken stock
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 spring onions, chopped, to garnish
1. Cook the rinsed rice in the simmering basket with the water added into the mixing bowl 18min / 100c / Sp3.5. Once it is done, set the rice aside. Clean the mixing bowl.
2. Place garlic cloves and ginger into mixing bowl, chop 8 sec/speed 6.
3. Add sesame oil, sauté 4mins/120C/speed 2.
4. Insert Buttery Whisk. Add chicken cubes, cooked rice (distribute evenly), soy sauce, and chicken stock, stir fry 5min/100C/Speed Stir.
5. Stir fry 2min/100C/Speed Stir. Meanwhile, pour lightly beaten eggs slowly onto mixing bowl lid, let it drizzle around measuring cup in a thin stream onto rotating blades. If necessary, lift measuring cup up slightly to assist eggs drizzling down. Remove Butterfly Whisk. Transfer to a plate and garnish with chopped spring onions. Serve hot.
Check out some of our rice cooking videos too 👇
3-in-1 Danggui Chicken, Steamed eggs and Rice
Nasi Ulam and Laksa Fried Rice
Thermomix® – All you ever need.
Follow us on social media for more cooking tips, recipes and inspiration!