Make your own Peri Peri spice mix using Thermomix®!
Great for adding aroma and flavour to varieties of dishes such as meat, fish and vegetables. It’s perfect for marinating chicken! Each homemade jar makes about 20 portions marinate for chicken thighs.
Some health benefits of peri peri include:
- Boosts immune system
- Helps fight cancer
- Improves digestion
- Good for heart health
- Aids weight loss
Peri Peri spice mix
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- ½ cinnamon quill
- 15 cardamom pods
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes (optional – see Tips)
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and mill 1 min/speed 10 (see Tips). Transfer into a sealable container and store in a cool, dark place until ready to use
Hints & Tips
- We recommend making this recipe in a well-ventilated area, as finely chopped chillies may cause eye, nose or throat irritation.
- Rub some of this spice mix onto chicken, beef, lamb (or sprinkle over vegetables) before cooking for a punch of flavour.
- You can store this spice mix in a sealable container in the pantry for up to 6 months.
Check out the recipe here on Cookidoo®