Looking for a quick and light tea snack?
Try making your own Scones using Thermomix®!
Scones are baked goods which are rich, slightly savory pastry that is often served at breakfast or tea time. They are often served as a sweet treat with clotted cream and jam. However, you can have them with grated cheddar cheese for a complete savoury treat!
With Dough Mode, it makes kneading fast, convenient and efficient for all kinds of dishes that requires dough making.
- 440 g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 60 g butter, cut into pieces
- 320 g buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place flour, sugar, salt and butter into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 8, or until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add buttermilk and combine 20 sec/speed 5, then knead Dough Mode/20 sec.
- Transfer dough onto a silicone bread mat or floured work surface and press out to a 2 cm thickness. Dip a biscuit or scone cutter (6-7 cm) into flour and cut out scones (approx. 10). Repeat until all dough has been used.
- Place scones onto prepared tray, so that each scone is touching the next, then bake for 12-15 minutes (220°C), or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool on tray for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before placing into a sealable container to store until ready to serve.
Get the Scones recipe on Cookidoo® here