Make your own Spring Rolls using Thermomix®! You can make them in variations using different ingredients. The crispiest and best spring rolls filled with flavourful vegetables and fried to golden perfection. It is easy, affordable and 100% homemade.
Cha gio (spring rolls)
- 50 g vermicelli noodles
- 10 g dried shiitake mushrooms, cut into pieces
- boiling water, for soaking
- 30 g eschalot, cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves and stalks, torn into pieces
- 100 g carrot, cut into pieces (3-4 cm)
- 500 g pork mince
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 18 spring roll pastry sheets
- water, for brushing
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Place a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh noodles into it. Set aside. Place a separate bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh mushrooms into it. Set aside. Cover noodles and mushrooms with boiling water and set both aside to soak for 2 minutes. Using simmering basket, drain noodles and mushrooms separately and set aside.
- Place eschalot, garlic, coriander, carrot and drained mushrooms into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add mince, salt, pepper, soy sauce and reserved drained noodles and combine 20 sec/Reverse/speed 3.5, with aid of spatula.
- Line 2 baking trays (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place 1 spring roll wrapper, floured surface facing up, onto a clean work surface, with 1 corner facing towards you (wrapper will look like a diamond shape). Keep remaining wrappers covered with a clean, damp kitchen towel. Form 1½ tablespoons of the mince mixture into a sausage shape, then place horizontally onto wrapper towards bottom edge of diamond. Brush all edges of wrapper with water. Fold in bottom point of diamond over mince filling, then fold in both sides to overlap filling. Gently roll wrapper up, making sure the edges are tucked inside and filling is completely sealed. Place seam side down onto prepared trays. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling (makes approx. 18 rolls).
- Line a plate with paper towel and set aside. Place a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil and bring to 175°C (see Tips). Keep your oil at this temperature while frying (175°C). Working in batches, carefully place 5-6 spring rolls into oil and fry for 5 minutes or until golden in colour. Keep rolls separated during first minute of frying to prevent sticking. Using a slotted spoon, transfer onto prepared plate to drain. Serve warm (see Tips).
Get the Spring Rolls recipe from Cookidoo
Cha gio (spring rolls) https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r138001
Vegetable spring rolls https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r142934
Prawn spring rolls with sweet and sour sauce https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r314184