Want to make a sauce that adds a flavour boost and nice glaze to your food? You can by making Teriyaki sauce with Thermomix®! It is easy, convenient and affordable to make than store bought ones.
Teriyaki consist two Japanese words: teri, meaning luster, and yaki, meaning grill or broil. It has four main components: soy sauce, sake/mirin (use vinegar for substitute), sugar and ginger (or garlic).
This tangy and savoury-sweet sauce adds flavour, colour, and moisture to variety of food such as meat, chicken, fish, or vegetables!
- 15 g fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 g mirin
- 200 g water
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tips)
- 100 g soy sauce
- 150 g brown sugar
- 3 tsp cornflour
- Place ginger and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add mirin, water, stock paste, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornflour and cook 20 min/100°C/speed 1, without measuring cup, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a sealable storage jar. Once completely cool, place into refrigerator until ready to use.
Get the Teriyaki Sauce recipe on Cookidoo® https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/en/r260510