No products in the cart.
Watch MasterChef Singapore Season 1 Winner Zander Ng show us in this tutorial how to make iconic Sngapore style Salted Egg Crabs effortlessly with Thermomix!
This dish is one of the highlights from the Thermomix One-Pot Wonders cookbook!
Recipe for Thermomix Salted Egg Yolk Crabs (from One-Pot Wonders Cookbook)
2 fresh mud crabs (1 kg), cleaned
4 garlic cloves
3-6 bird’s eye chillies butter
6 salted egg yolks, cut in cubes
500g evaporated milk
1 1/4 tsp salt
3 tsp sugar
3-6 sprigs curry leaves
1. Twist off crab claws. Cut crab bodies in 4 pieces. Set aside. Arrange empty crab shells in Varoma dish.
2. Place garlic cloves and bird’s eye chillies in mixing bowl, chop 5 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
3. Add butter, sauté 7 min/120°C/speed until aromatic.
4. Add salted egg yolk cubes and milk, cook 5 min/Varoma/speed 2.
5. Add reserved crab claws and bodies, salt, sugar and curry leaves in mixing bowl, set Varoma with crab shells into position, cook 12 min/Varoma/ /speed . Carefully open Varoma lid, transfer crab shells and crabs in mixing bowl to a serving plate. Serve hot.