Satisfy your sweet tooth cravings with this strawberry ice-cream mooncake! Coated with a white chocolate shell, this mooncake is sure to be a popular treat for all.
Nothing beats homemade mooncakes. With the Thermomix®, you can easily make your own – traditional, flaky skin, snowskin, and even ice-cream ones that your little ones will love.
Strawberry Ice-cream Mooncake Recipe
Ingredients – Strawberry ice-cream filling
300 g strawberries, hulled
100 g egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
125 g caster sugar
300 g whipping cream (at least 36 % milk fat)
1 tsp vanilla extract
White chocolate shell
350 g white compound chocolate coins
1. Place strawberries in mixing bowl, chop 15 sec/speed 10. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
2. Insert butterfly whisk. Place egg whites and cream of tartar in mixing bowl, whisk without measuring cup 5 min/37°C/speed 3.
3. Whisk without measuring cup 6 min/50°C/speed 3.
4. Add sugar, whisk without measuring cup 20 min/speed 1. Scrape downsides of mixing bowl with spatula.
5. Add whipping cream, vanilla extract and reserved strawberries puree, whisk 20 sec/speed 3. Transfer to a shallow freezable container for at least 8 hours or overnight.
White chocolate shell
1. Place white compound chocolate in mixing bowl, chop 7 sec/speed 7.
2. Melt 6 min/50°C/speed 1.5.
3. Pour a thin layer of melted chocolate in each silicone mooncake mould, ensure melted chocolate spread evenly and cover surface completely. Then, place all moulds in freezer for 3 minutes. Once chocolate has solidified, pour second layer of melted chocolate in each silicone mooncake mould and place all moulds in freezer for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, place prepared strawberry ice-cream in room temperature for 5 minutes.
4. Scoop prepared strawberry ice-cream into each silicone mooncake moulds until 90 % full. Pour a layer of melted chocolate evenly to cover ice-cream. Place all ice-cream mooncakes in freezer for at least 1 hour. Gently remove all ice-cream mooncakes from silicone mould. Cut and serve chilled.
Tip: Serve extra strawberry ice-cream with waffle cone.
Have you experienced Thermomix® yet?
Get Thermomix® TM6 with the latest offer.