No products in the cart.
One tip to whip up dishes quickly is to make sauces in advance. A jar of sambal sauce will be handy to add to a meat or seafood to churn out a quick dish in minutes.
- 150g cooking oil
- 150g dried shrimps (washed)
- 40g garlic cloves
- 100 g shallots
- 100 g dried chillies (deseeded and soaked until soft)
- 1 tsp salt
- 15 g sugar
- Sterilised glass jar (to store the sauce)
- Place cooking oil, dried shrimps, garlic cloves, shallots, dried chillies, salt and sugar into mixing bowl, grind 20 sec/Speed 10.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula
- Cook 45 min/120°C/Reverse/Speed 1
- Serve as a condiment or pour into a clean and sterilised glass jar for storage in the fridge once the sambal cools
- You may use the sauce to cook with meats and vegetables
- For smoother and finer dried shrimp sambal, blend sambal for 1 min/Speed 5-10, increasing speed gradually after cooking in step 2.
- Serve with steamed rice
- This sambal can be used in dishes like stir-fried sambal kang-kong, four-angled beans, long beans, ladies’ finger, fish, prawns etc