No products in the cart.
Ingredients (Makes about 10 x 15cm pancakes)
- Ingredients A (Pancakes):
- 110g Tasty Cheese, in 2 or 3 pieces
- 1/4 Small Cabbage, white or green, roughly chopped
- 1 Carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 Stalks Celery, roughly chopped
- 3 Spring Onion, sliced into 1cm rings
- 300g Flour, or Okonomiyaki Flour
- 1 Egg
- 30g Brown Sugar
- 5g Salt
- 300g Milk
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
- Kewpie Mayonnaise, to serve
Ingredient B (Okonomiyaki Sauce):
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 10g Ginger
- 60g Tomato Ketchup
- 30g Tamari
- 10g Mirin
- 20g Rice Vinegar
- 15g Sugar
- 1 tsp Mustard
- For Okonomiyaki Pancakes, place the tasty cheese in mixing bowl and grate for 5s/ Speed 9.
- Add cabbage, carrot, and celery and chop for 5s/ Speed 5.
- Add the spring onion, flour, egg, brown sugar, salt and milk, and combine on Reverse/ Speed 4.
- After about 10 seconds, slowly add about 100g of water until stiff batter forms.
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium heat in a large fry pan.
- It’s hot enough when a drop of batter sizzles. Ladle the batter to make pancakes.
- Cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown. While pancakes are cooking, make the sauce.
- For the Okonomiyaki Sauce, place garlic and ginger into mixing bowl and chop for 4s/ Speed 7.
- Add all the other ingredients, plus 1/2 Measuring Cup (MC) water and cook for 10 mins/ 100°C/ speed 1/ MC off, with simmering basket resting on the TM lid, or until the sauce is reduced to a glossy pouring consistency.
- Strain the sauce into a dish for spooning onto the okonomiyaki pancakes.
Tip: Bite-size okonomiyaki makes great canapes, and can be frozen for lunchboxes.
Recipe adapted from In the Mix by Dani Valent
For more healthy recipes from In the Mix, buy it here.