No products in the cart.
Still buying store mooncake fillings? Try making your own using your Thermomix®. Absolutely no nasties and only the choice ingredients you used in the cooking process. The process may be slightly long but once you have tasted your own mooncakes made from scratch, you will not look back.
200g Red beans, soaked overnight
180g Peanut oil
1pc of Dried orange peel (chen pi / 陈皮)
Toasted melon seeds
1) Soak the red beans overnight, rinse
2) Add the water, red beans and orange peel into the mixing bowl and cook 60min / 100c / sp1
3) After the paste is done cooking, discard the orange peel and use blend 30sec / speed 8 Blend Mode
4) Scrape down
5) Blend about 10sec / speed 8 Blend mode
6) Add the oil and sugar in 3 equal parts every 20min of the cooking
7) Insert the butterfly and continue to cook 70min / 98c / sp1.5
8) Add the maltose during the last 5min
9) Cool the paste in room temperature for 2 days to let oil appear before storing in the fridge
10) Add in the toasted melon seeds before portioning out the fillings for mooncake wrapping