Here are some tips on using the Rice Cooker Mode. It’s ideal for cooking flavoured rice, and hassle-free as it comes with pre-set time, speed, and temperature settings.
✅ The ratio of water depends on the type of grain, the brand and the amount of grain.
✅ Boil the water to 100°C OR use hot water to cook the rice to get a better rice texture.
✅ Always use with simmering basket instead of measuring cup on mixing bowl lid to allow steam to escape while cooking. The simmering basket prevents any scalding liquid from splattering out of the mixing bowl.
✅ When the rice is done cooking, let the rice rest in the mixing bowl for up to 10mins before transferring into a serving dish.
The recommended rice to liquid ratios are:
200g : 250g
500g : 625g
200g : 400g
500g : 1000g
200g : 450g
500g : 1125g
Boil the water to 100°C or use hot water to cook the rice for better texture.
When the rice is cooked, let it rest in the mixing bowl for at least 15min before transferring into a dish and serving. This allows moisture to be distributed evenly among the rice.
200g to 500g of rice yield 3 to 6 portions.
Give this Nasi Lemak recipe a go!
𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘂𝘁 𝗠𝗶𝗹𝗸 𝗥𝗶𝗰𝗲
1. Place garlic clove, shallots and ginger into mixing bowl, chop 4 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
2. Add santan, coconut oil, water, pandan leaves and salt, cook 5 min/98°C/speed 1.
3. Add rice, start Rice Cooker. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.
1. Place dried chillies, shallots, garlic, anchovies and 20g water in mixing bowl, blend 30 sec/speed 10.
2. Add cooking oil, sauté 15 min/120°C/speed 1.
3. Add yellow onion slices, tomatoes, tamarind slices, sugar, salt and 80g water, sauté 8 min/120°C/speed 1. Serve warm.Hard-boil some eggs , slice some cucumbers , and you will have an authentic, home-made nasi lemak perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or supper!
Thermomix® – All You Ever Need.
Follow us on social media for more cooking tips, recipes and inspiration!