No products in the cart.
Watch Chinese Physician Jasmine share useful information about the concept of Qi and when to use different traditional Chinese herb in cooking, as well as, how to choose and store them!
Watch how to use Thermomix® to layer cook several dishes at the same time. Steaming is one of the healthiest way to cook food as it retains more nutrients, keeps food juicier and is relatively mess-free!
On the Menu:
Millet with white rice
Steamed herbal cod fish
Steamed egg with goji berries and shiitake
Huang Qi Chen Pi chicken soup
Stir fried black fungus with celery
Here is the recipe:
Huang Qi Chen Pi Chicken soup
2 Chicken Thighs
20g Cordyceps Militaris
15g Huang Qi
10g Dang Shen
1 Sliced Aged Tangerine Peel
2 Slices of Dry Ginger
3 Black Dates
- Put Chinese herbs followed by chicken thigh on top into simmering basket.
- Add 1.5L of water into mixing bowl, insert simmering basket and cook 45 min/98°C/speed 3
Millet with white rice 🍚
200g White Rice
- Place water in mixing bowl. Insert simmering basket, add washed rice and millet into it, cook 20min/Varoma/speed 3.
- Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula, transfer rice into a thermal serving bowl and simmer for 5 mins before serve.
Steamed herbal cod fish 🐟
250-280g Cod Fish (1pc)
3 tbsp Sesame Oil
3 Slices Ginger
Dash of pepper and salt to marinate fish
10g Dang Shen (Codonopsis root)
5g Dang Gui (Angelica Sinensis)
5g Yu Zhu (Solomon’s seals)
3 Red Dates (pitted)
1 tsp Wolf berry
- Marinate cod fish with salt, pepper and sesame oil. Meanwhile place 3 slices of ginger on the stainless-steel plate.
- Rinse Chinese herbs once and soak in warm water for 20mins. Pour herbs infused water on the cod fish and place on plate. Steam 20min/Varoma/speed 3
Steamed egg with goji berries and shiitake 🥚
2 Red Dates (pitted and sliced)
1 tsp Wolf berry
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp light soya sauce
- Beat eggs evenly and season with soya sauce and sesame oil.
- Place red dates and wolf berry into glass cup used for steaming.
- Pour egg mixture into cup equally through a sieve before steaming.
Preparation for multilayer cooking of fish, egg and rice:
- Insert simmering basket of rice into mixing bowl, fish on Varoma tray and egg onto Varoma dish.
- Cook 25min/Varoma/Speed 3.5
Stir-fried black fungus with celery 🌿
2 Garlic cloves, washed, skin on
10g Cooking oil
3 Wood Ear Mushrooms (soaked until soft and cut into thin strips)
3 Stalks Celery, slices
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Soy sauce, optional
- Add A in mixing bowl, chop and remove skin, 5sec/Reverse/ Speed 5
- Add B, saute 3min/120°C/Reverse/Spoon speed
- Add C, cook 3min/Varoma/Reverse/Spoon speed