No products in the cart.
Teriyaki chicken at a food court costs $7.90 per person and spend easily double that amount in restaurants. If you cook at home, for the entire family, it will cost you less than $10. We recommend marinating the chicken in advance so you can cook this dish in a jiffy. After all, who doesn’t like to cook a dish that only takes 15 minute? Try it !
When you cook, you are in control of the quality and source of the ingredients that goes into the food. When you “ta bao” or buy store ready-to-eat, do you know what ingredients have been used?
- 3 TBSP Japanese low sodium soy sauce
- 3 TBSP sake (substitute with shaoxing if you do not have sake)
- 3 TBSP mirin (substitute with sweet Chinese rice wine if you do not have mirin)
- 3 tsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tsp raw sugar
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped 5 sec, speed 6)
- 10g ginger (chopped 5 sec, speed 6)
- 600g boneless chicken thigh meat cut into 2 cm bite-size cubes
- 3 tsp cooking oil
- sesame seeds (garnishing)
- Weigh the seasoning ingredients of sot sauces, mirin, sake, sugar, garlic and ginger
- Marinate the chicken pieces for at least 3 hours
- Heat up the cooking oil in the mixing bowl at 3min / 100 degree / sleep 1
- Add the marinated chicken pieces, cook 3 min / varoma / reverse / speed 1
- Add the remaining teriyaki sauce into the mixing bowl and cook an additional 3min /varoma / reverse / speed 1
- Plate the cooked chicken, sprinkle some sesame seeds and serve hot
Recipe courtesy of Thermomix China
Why ta bao? Contact us to learn how to cook wholesome meals at home with Thermomix.