With Mid-Autumn Festival (aka Mooncake Festival) approaching soon, we are back with another Mooncake tutorial!
These mooncakes consist of scrumptious ingredients such as mochi, red bean paste, salted egg yolk and meat floss all-in-one!
📜 Here is the recipe!
3Q Mooncake 🥮️
*approx. 12 mooncakes
100-120g per mooncake (consist of 35g Water Dough, 25g Oil Dough, 20g Red Bean Paste, 15g Mochi, 1tbsp 15g-
20g Meat Floss, ½ Salted Egg Yolk)
Ingredients A (Water Dough)
- 300g Plain Flour
- 60g Icing Sugar
- 85g Butter
- 135g Water
Ingredients B (Oil Dough)
- 210g Plain Flour
- 140g Butter
Ingredients C (Mochi)
- 50g Glutinous Rice Flour
- 30g Rice Flour
- 20g Corn Flour
- 180g Milk
- 20g Cooking Oil
- 30g Icing Sugar
Ingredients D (Fillings)
- 300g Red bean Paste/Yam Paste
- 6 pieces Salted Egg Yolk (cooked)
- 200g Meat Floss
- Put all Ingredient (C) into mixing bowl. Mix 10 sec / Reverse / Speed 8 (2 times)
- Pour through a sieve onto a plate.
Put plate on Varoma tray. Put 500g water into mixing bowl. Put Varoma on the lid, Steam Mochi 20 mins / Varoma / Speed 3
- Cool the Steam mochi for 7-10mins. Hand knead till smooth and shiny
- Put some ShaoXing Wine / Sesame oil onto salted egg, bake 180 deg 5 mins/ Steam on varoma for 5mins
- Place Ingredients (A) into mixing bowl. Knead 2 min. Pour out, rest dough 20-30 Mins. Divide dough 35g balls each
- Pour Ingredients (B) into mixing bowl 20 sec / Speed 2.5. Use hands to incorporate dough together. Divide dough into 25g balls each
- Divide paste into 25g balls each
- Flatten the water dough and wrap a oil dough in it, seal it properly and roll into a ball. Repeat this step for all.
- Flatten the 1st dough and roll it into a long oval then roll it down into a log. Leave it to rest and repeat this step for all
- Flatten the rolled log dough and roll it into a log again. Repeat this step for all. Rest dough for 10mins
- Create an indent the middle of the log using finger, then pinch the two ends together and then press down to flatten it.
- Put the paste, mochi, ½ salted egg and meat floss onto it. Pinch the edges together to wrap it up. Make sure it is sealed properly. Then gently press down using our palm.
- Beat an egg, Glaze the top and add toasted sesame seeds to it.
- Use a toothpick to poke some holes on the top of the mooncakes.
- Put mooncakes into preheated oven 190degree for 25mins until golden.