Ingredients (Serve up to 6)
- 1 Onion, peeled and halved
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled
- 40g Olive Oil
- 2 Large Tomatoes, halved
- 3 Anchovy Fillets, drained
- 1 Zucchini (Optional)
- 1 tsp Chilli paste (Optional)
- 50g Pitted Black or Green Olives
- 1 tbsp Capers, rinsed and drained
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 500g Tomato Sugo
- Vegetable Oil, for greasing the Varoma
- 200g Fish Fillet per person, such as Flathead of King Dory
- 100g Baby Spinach
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place onions and garlic cloves in the mixing bowl and chop for 1s/ Speed 7.
- Scrape down sides and add olive oily to cook for 3 mins/ 100oC/ Speed 1.
- Add tomatoes, anchovy fillets, zucchini and chilli paste (if using) to the mixing bowl. Chop for 4s/ Speed 5 then cook for 2 minutes/ 100oC/ Speed 1.
- Add the olives, capers, lemon zest and tomato sugo to the mixing bowl.
- Oil the Varoma, arrange the fish fillets within and position the Varoma above the mixing bowl.
- Cook the sugo and fish for 12 mins/ Varoma/ Speed 1, or until the fish is cooked. When there is 2 minutes to go, place the spinach in the Varoma to wilt. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve the fish and the wilted spinach with the sauce spoon over the top.
Recipe adapted from In the Mix cookbook
Need more GREAT Thermomix recipes? Buy the cookbook here.