No products in the cart.
Ingredients (Serves 6 – 8)
Ingredients A (Marinade):
- 2 Garlic Clove
- 80g Tomato Ketchup
- 30g Apple Cider Vinegar
- 30g Olive Oil or Butter
- 40g Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 40g Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Onion Salt or Fine Sea Salt
- 1-2 tsp Chilli Powder, to taste
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
Ingredient B (Chicken and Rice):
- 1000g Skinless Chicken Thigh, cut into thirds
- 350g Basmati Rice
- 900g Filter Water
- 800g Mixed Vegetables (Carrots, Broccoli, Green Beans), sliced
- 3 tbsp Cornflour or Arrowroot Flour, dissolved in 3 tbsp Filtered Water
- For Marinade, place garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3s/ Speed 7. Scrape down sides of the mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining marinade ingredients ad mix 10s/ Speed 5. Transfer into a large bowl.
- For Chicken and rice, place chicken into bowl with marinade and set aside for 10 minutes. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place rice into simmering basket and rinse until water runs clear. Place water into mixing bowl and insert simmering basket.
- Place vegetables into Varoma dish and arrange chicken on Varoma tray, reserving leftover marinade. Place Varoma into position. Cook 10 mins/ Varoma/ Speed 1.
- Turn chicken and cook for a further 1o mins/ Varoma/ Speed 1. Transfer vegetables and rice into a ThermoServer or large bowl and set aside. Retain steaming water in mixing bowl.
- Add reserved marinade to mixing bowl with steaming water. Place Varoma with chicken back into position, and cook for a further 15 mins/ Varoma/ Speed 1. Transfer chicken into ThermoServer with rice and vegetables. Set aside.
- Add cornflour mixture into the remaining liquid in the mixing bowl and cook 4 mins/ 100°C/ Speed 4.
- Serve chicken, rice and vegetables, with the spicy BBQ sauce spooned over the top.
Tips: To ensure this recipe is gluten free, always check the label of your cornflour, as some may contain traces of wheat or gluten
Recipe adapted from Thermomix’s Quirky Cooking by Jo Whitton.
Get started on the road to allergy-friendly cooking here.