Fried rice is a staple for Singaporeans. Do you know Thermomix® can help you prepare non-messy and less oily fried rice effortlessly? Conventional dishes cooked using a Thermomix® saves calories with less oil, salt and sugar while retaining full body flavours but requires less cleaning and washing up! Uncle Roger will surely approve our healthier fried rice that is uplifted by the fragrant shallot or garlic oil.
- 1050 water
- 250g jasmine rice
- 100g corn kernel
- 70g olive oil / shallot oil / garlic oil
- 100g chicken ham (cut into 1cm by 1cm)
- 3 eggs (beaten, room temperature)
- ½ tsp salt
- 20g spring onion
- 3 tsp chicken stock powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ tsp thick dark soy sauce (for colour-optional)
- Parchment paper
- Plate (for cooling rice)
- Place simmering basket on the lid of the mixing bowl, weigh 250g jasmine rice, rinse rice well under running tap water and set aside.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to 33cm x 27cm, crush it into a ball and wet it with water, line Varoma tray with parchment paper or PerfectFit Varoma Steaming paper.
- Season beaten eggs with ½ tsp salt & pour onto lined Varoma tray.
- Place corn kernels into a small bowl and place onto the Varoma dish.
- Add 1050g water into mixing bowl, insert simmering basket, cover the lid of the mixing bowl. Place Varoma Dish and Tray onto mixing bowl and cover. 14-16mins* / Varoma / speed 3.
- Remove cooked rice from simmering basket and transfer to a large tray/plate to cool down*.
- Use spatula to cut cooked egg omelette into bite size.
- Rinse mixing bowl well, wipe dry & insert butterfly whisk.
- Add 70g shallot oil and chicken ham cubes into mixing bowl 2mins / 120°C/ spoon
- Immediately, add in all reserved ingredients into mixing bowl 2mins /120°C / spoon
- Transfer rice into ThermoServer (or thermal ware) immediately to simmer the rice further and to keep the rice warm. Let the rice simmer further for a few minutes before serving.
- Cooking time for rice depends on brand and type of rice
- Refer to Cookidoo® for shallot oil recipe
- Line parchment paper on a large tray/plate to cool the rice down faster.
- Do not allow the mixture in step 9 to cool down, add the cooked rice and other ingredients for step 10 immediately after step 9 is done
- Do not use overnight cooked rice