No products in the cart.
In conjunction with The National Kidney Foundation(NKF Singapore) Bibi Chia, the Group Dietician of Raffles Medical Group, showed us how to make healthier meals that do not compromise on the taste. She also shared tips on how to lead a kidney friendly lifestyle.
To support NKF Singapore’s cause, we donated $400 for every TM6 sold during the show.
For those who made the decision to purchase a Thermomix® during the show – a big THANK YOU. Your decision will help the kidney patients at NKF. We have over-achieved our target and will make our share of the contribution for every unit sold – beyond our original target.
Wellness involves being aware and making healthy choices about diet, exercise, and staying positive. All recipes can be healthy if we adjust according to what our bodies need, so we reap all the goodness from the food we eat.
Search for “healthy” recipes in Cookidoo®, make food from scratch using whole ingredients whenever possible, reduce unnecessary seasonings and soon you will be able to taste the natural flavours even without salt and sugar!
Our quest for good health never ends. Let’s nourish our bodies with good food.
With Thermomix®, it’s a lifetime of good food!
Live well, eat well, stay healthy!
Here are the recipes:
TEOCHEW STEAMED POMFRET WITH BEE HOON
1-2 pomfret (total 500-600 g), gutted and descaled, scored at both sides (see tips)
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp white pepper powder
80 g tomatoes, cut into wedges
50 g fresh ginger, cut into thin strips 1 fresh red chilli, cut into pieces (1 cm)
100 g silky tofu, cut into cubes (1 cm)
3 garlic cloves
20 g oil
1300 g water
100 g salted vegetable (hum choi), cut into thin strips (0.5 cm) (We skip this)
2 sour plums in brine (We use 1 for the show)
1 tbsp fish sauce
3 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked to soften, cut into thin slices
(0.5 cm) 1⁄2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp Chinese rice wine (omit)
120 g wholemeal bee hoon (rice vermicelli), soaked for 10 minutes
1 sprig spring onion, chopped, to garnish
1 sprig fresh coriander, leaves only, chopped, to garnish
1. Rub both sides of fish with salt and white pepper powder. Set aside. Arrange tomatoes in Varoma dish, place fish on top of tomatoes, add 25 g ginger, red chilli and tofu on top of the fish.
2. Place garlic cloves into mixing bowl, chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
3. Add oil, without measuring cup, sauté 10 min/120°C/speed . Transfer into a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Place mixing bowl back to position. Place water, salted vegetable, 25 g ginger, sour plums, fish sauce, mushrooms and sugar into mixing bowl, set prepared Varoma dish into position, drizzle with rice wine, close Varoma lid and steam 15 min/Varoma/speed 1. Check whether the fish is cooked (see tips). Remove Varoma and set aside.
5. Add bee hoon to mixing bowl, cook 3 min/Varoma/reverse /speed . Transfer bee hoon into a serving dish, carefully place steamed fish onto bee hoon and pour in soup. Garnish with reserved garlic, spring onion and coriander. Serve hot.
• Scoring the thickest part of the flesh allows more of the flavour to season the fish and reduce steaming time.
• Check whether the fish is cooked after steaming in step 4. Fish should be tender enough to be pierced through easily with a fork or chopsticks. If it is not cooked, set Varoma dish back into position and continue steaming in step 5.
STEAMED FISH DUMPLING WRAPPED WITH NAPA CABBAGE
400g fish fillet, firm white fish
3/4 cup water chestnut, chopped 12-14 pieces
Napa cabbage leaves, cut into 6″ x 4″
Salt/pepper season to taste
20g red capsicum, blanched
20g yellow capsicum, blanched
10g oyster mushroom, blanched
1. Boil 2L water Kettle mode
2. Place the cabbage leaves inside the simmering basket and lower the simmering basket into the mixing bowl of boiling water for 30-40 seconds
3. Remove and place the blanched cabbage pieces into ice water. Drain and set aside.
4. Add water chestnuts, 5 sec / sp 5. Repeat if needed.
5. Add the fish, seasonings and water chestnuts into the mixing bowl. Knead 1min into a paste
6. Remove and spoon about 2 tbsps of the fish paste onto each cabbage leaf and roll it and place each piece into the Varoma tray and dish
5. Boil 1.5l of water. Kettle mode
6. Steam the dumplings for about 10 minutes.
7. Garnish with the capsicums and mushroom. Serve warm