No products in the cart.
Want to bake something different for CNY?
Try these very on-trend, melt-in your mouth, 2-minute salted egg cookies.
Salted Egg Cookies
Cookie Ingredients 120g butter
180g cake flour
60g salted egg powder (store bought or make your own refer to recipe below)
1. Preheat oven at 170c
2. Put butter and sugar in mixing bowl. Blitz 40sec/speed 3
3. Put in the flour and salted egg powder. Blitz 30 sec/speed 3
4. Scrap down. Blitz 30 sec/speed 3
5. Remove dough from mixing bowl. Roll dough onto a mat and use a cookie cutter to cut out the dough.
6. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle some white sesame seeds
6. Bake for 10 min
DIY Salted Egg Powder
20 salted egg yolks
20g Milk Powder
- Remove salted egg yolks, mash and spread in a baking tray
- Place the baking tray into your pre-heated oven and bake 150deg for 10-15minutes and another 5-10 minutes until the egg yolks are cooked
- Once cooled, place the baked salted eggs into your mixing bowl
- Add the milk powder, blend turbo 2 sec x 2 times or until the texture is fine
- Bake again in the oven at 50deg with the door open for at least 1/2 hour
- The powder is ready when it does not stick to your hand when you rub with the fingers
- When it is cooled completely, turbo 2 sec again to get powder fine texture
- Store immediately in an air tight container and place in the fridge
*Recipe for Thermomix® adapted from Kenneth Goh
Cookie and photo credit to Noraz Lina.