No products in the cart.
Have you tried making choux pastry? Watch MasterChef Genevieve Lee as she shows us how you can take your choux pastry to the next level! Genevieve will be showing us how to make choux pastry with vanilla bean custard filling, topped with Pistachio Rose Praline & Rhubarb Ribbons
Here is the recipe:
Here’s the recipe:
125g plain flour
- Boil water, milk, butter and sugar 3min/120°c/sp1.5
- Sieve flour, and add flour, salt, mix 5 min / 70c / sp 2.5
- Turn temperature to 0, aerate flour mixture for another 5 min / sp2.5
- Add beaten eggs bit by bit on speed 1 and stop when the texture drips to a V shape from the spatula when scooped out.
- Pipe out after it is cooled in the fridge
- Egg wash with remaining yolk if any
- Bake at 175c / 20min (fan force) + 150c / 5min (to dry out)
Vanilla Bean Custard
(B) Whisk in a bowl until well mixed
60g egg yolk
1 vanilla bean pod
200g Whipping cream (at least 35% fat) whipped with butterfly for speed 3.5 (or until whipped) – keep an eye as the cream will whipped up very quickly around 30sec
(d) Gelatin leaves x 1 sheet
- Heat (A) 3min / 100c / sp2 until boiling.
- Add 100g of heated (A) into (B) and pour back into the mixing bowl.
- Cook 15 min / 110c or until thickened without the MC.
- Cut and scrape vanilla bean pod into mixing bowl.
- Soften gelatin leaves in cold water until soft. Squeeze gelatin dry before adding into mixing bowl.
- Turn speed up to 3 until well incorporated.
- Chill in freezer for 30 min
- Remove from freezer, add (C) whipped cream, mix to soften the custard texture for 1 min / speed 3.5 50-100g of the whipped cream (check for texture of the custard and adjust accordingly)
- Put into a piping bag, into the fridge.
- Balance whipped cream may be used to pipe over the choux or as garnishing
- Stir sugar and water to make syrup
- Cut rhubarb into half and slice thin
- Soak rhubarb strips in syrup for 10min
- Line the tray and spread rhubarb in the tray.
- Bake at 130°c-150°c and check every 10 min when rhubarb becomes slightly dry.
- Take rhubarb strips out and twirl on chopsticks until it forms a spiral shape.
200g rhubarb (cut into pieces)
1 vanilla bean
1 TBSP lemon juice
- Place sugar and vanilla bean into mixing bowl, mill 10sec / speed 10
- Add rhubarb and lemon juice, cook 15min / varoma / reverse (place a Varoma dish or SB on top of the lid to prevent splatter)
Pistachio Rose Praline
5g rose water
15 g grapeseed oil (or any neutral oil)
- Blend 20min/ speed 3.5 until smooth
- At 15min, add rose extract and salt
- During the last 2 min, add oil