No products in the cart.
Join MasterChef Trish Yee as she shows us how to make festive Dishes Buddha Jumps Over The Wall and Hae Bee Hiam Cookies for the upcoming Chinese New Year
A runner up in MasterChef Season 2, besides being busy with her day job as a realtor, Trish has also been cooking at home, hosting diners and busy making her signature spice mixes and selling them!
No stranger to the Thermomix®, the Thermomix® TM6 is her indispensable kitchen buddy and she has a number of them! Trish is known for dishes that are packed full of flavour and loves to work with seafood!
Try making her recipe, and show off your festive dishes in our Cook, Post & Win contest! Stand a chance to win Woh Hup prize set worth $100! Find out more about the contest here
Here are the recipes:
Hae Bee Hiam Cookie Recipe:
160 grams unsalted butter, chilled
80 grams icing sugar
200 grams plain flour
50 grams cornflour
1 pinch salt
180g hae bee hiam
1. Add butter and sugar to the mixing bowl and blend 30sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides
2. Add plain flour, corn flour, hae bee hiam and salt to the mixing bowl and blend 30s/sp4.
3. Scrape sides of the bowl and blend again 15sec/speed 4.
4. Pipe onto a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes at 140ºC (fan forced)
5. Cool on tray and enjoy!
Buddha Jumps Over The Wall Recipe:
60 g Chinese rice wine (Shaoxing
1500 g water
1 tbsp scallop stock
½ tbsp oyster sauce
200 g fried chicken feet
200 g old chicken meat, cut into
pieces (3 cm), blanched
1 whole duck leg, cut into pieces,
100 g canned abalone
40 g dried scallops, soaked for at least 4 hours
20 g ginger, cut into slices
6 dried shitake mushrooms, soaked to soften, stems removed
150 g soaked dried sea cucumber, cut in 5 cm chunks
3 baby cabbage, cut into halves
1 pinch salt, adjust to taste
12 quail eggs, cooked, peeled
- Insert blade cover, place rice wine, water, scallop stock, oyster sauce, chicken feet, old chicken meat, duck leg, abalone, dried scallops and ginger into mixing bowl. Cook 60 min/98°C/reverse/speed spoon. Carefully transfer all ingredients to a thermoserver (2.2L) using a tong while stock and blade cover remains in mixing bowl.
- Add shitake mushrooms, soaked sea cucumber and baby cabbage into mixing bowl. Cook 30 min/98°C/reverse/speed spoon .
- Add salt to taste, transfer superior soup into reserved thermoserver, add peeled quail eggs into thermoserver, serve immediately
This is a Muslim friendly recipe, fried chicken feet and duck leg can be replaced with 200 g soaked dried pork tendons, 200 g trotter and 30 g Jinhua ham for a non-muslim friendly recipe. Reduce salt or oyster sauce when using Jinhua ham as it contains high amount of salt.