Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 100g Onions, cut into halves
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 15g Fresh Ginger, cut into thin slices
- 1 Fresh Red Chilli, small, deseeded, cut into pieces
- 20g Olive Oil
- 1tsp Ground Turmeric
- 400g Coconut Milk
- 100g Water
- 1 heaped tsp Vegetable Stock Paste/ 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 2tsp Salt
- 600g Waxy Potatoes, peeled, cut into pieces
- 150g Carrots, cut into slices
- 150g Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 150g Courgettes, cut into slices
- 100g Frozen Green Peas
- 2 Sprig Fresh Corriander, leaves only
- Place coriander, cumin, cardamom and mustard seeds into mixing bowl and toast 6 mins/ 120°C/ Reverse Speed 1.
- Add onions, garlic cloves, ginger and red chilli and chop 5s/ Speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil and saute 6 mins/ 120°C/ Speed 1.
- Add turmeric, coconut milk, water, vegetable stock and salt and blend 1 min/ Speed 10.
- Add potatoes and carrots, and cook 1o mins/ 100°C/ Reverse Speed Slow Stir.
- Meanwhile, insert Varoma tray into Varoma dish and place cauliflower, courgettes, and frozen green peas into Varoma tray.
- Place Varoma into position and cook 12 mins/ Varoma/ Reverse Speed 1.
- Remove Varoma, add vegetables from Varoma tray into mixing bowl, insert measuring cup (MC) and cook 2 mins/ 100°C/ Reverse Speed Slow Stir.
- Transfer curry into a bowl, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Tip: Use other vegetables like broccoli, green beans, peppers or squash.
Recipe adapted from The Basic Cookbook.
For more recipes, buy it here.