With Thermomix® and the list of over 𝟦𝟧 𝒸𝑜𝑜𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝓊𝓃𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝑜𝒹𝑒𝓈, it means, there are endless possibilities to be creative in your kitchen!
For new users, it may seem daunting that you can do so much with your Thermomix® – but fret not, we have listed some useful tips to all owners, as well as, how you can keep yours it in good condition!
If you’re in need of a refresher, do check out our unboxing your Thermomix® resource.
- Speed and time matter: Pay attention to recommended speeds and cooking times in your recipes. They play a crucial role in achieving the desired texture and flavour.
- Chop in stages: When chopping ingredients, start at a lower speed and increase gradually to avoid over-processing. Use the new Chop Tool which provides precise guide to chopping different types of ingredients.
- Use the Varoma dish: The Varoma dish is a great time-saver for steaming vegetables, fish, or poultry while cooking other items in the mixing bowl. Additionally, steamed food tastes great and retains nutrients better too! Checking out some tips on using the Varoma and some great Thermomix® Varoma recipes and accessories that makes cooking with Varoma a breeze.
- Cook Safely: Like any other cooking equipment, you’ll need to observe safe cooking practices. Always ensure the mixing bowl and blades are properly assembled before starting any recipe. Do not overload ingredients past the max line in the mixing bowl, place the simmering or varoma basket atop the lid hole if a recipe requires you to cook above 95c and to let out hot steam without the measuring cup. Follow safety guidelines to prevent unnecessary accidents.
- Cleaning tips: Use Pre-Clean mode to clean the Thermomix® immediately after use to avoid stubborn stains. Always de-assemble the mixing bowl for thorough cleaning. Use a fine brush to clean the blades. A wet dish cloth (without abrasive texture and cleaners) may be used to wipe down the display and cover plate when required. Click here for more care and maintenance tips.
- Experiment with recipes: Don’t hesitate to experiment with your favourite recipes. Thermomix® allows for creativity in the kitchen and be amazed with making food (you’ve never attempted) successfully with your Thermomix®. Check out Cookidoo® for the widest digital library of success guaranteed Thermomix® recipes* with step-by-step guide from start till finish. (*Up to 85,000 recipes at press time)
- Weighing ingredients: Utilise the built-in scale for precise measurements. Tare the scale to account for the weight of the container. Ensure the Thermomix® is not resting on its cable or an unstable work top, or having a fan/air conditioner blowing straight at it – to avoid these factors affecting the sensitive scale which is accurate to 1g.
- Reverse function and Butterfly attachment protects delicate ingredients: When stirring, folding and cooking delicate ingredients, the reverse function prevents ingredients from getting overly processed. Add the Butterfly attachment on top of the powerful blades to cook soft tofu, chicken fillets and even whole fish inside the mixing bowl without getting cut! Always take care not to go beyond speed 4 when using the Butterfly attachment (and the simmering basket)!
- Lid position: Be cautious about the lid position during cooking. Follow the instructions in each recipe whether to keep the measuring cup on or off, use the splash guard, or place a simmering/varoma basket on top of the lid hole. Always follow the guidelines to allow steam to escape or prevent splattering. For TM31 users, always ensure the lid has the sealing ring attached and the lid is in lock position before use!
- Preheat the oven at the start of a baking recipe that requires the use of an oven for baking with better results.
Remember, these are general tips, so always refer to your specific Thermomix® model’s instruction manual for detailed instructions. Here are some care and maintenance tips to keep your Thermomix® in tip top condition.
Yet to experience Thermomix®? Book your cooking experience here.
Purchase your Thermomix® TM6 here.